Welcome to the Horace Mann School Parent Teacher Association (PTA)!
Horace Mann PTA Purpose
The purpose of the Horace Mann School Parent Teacher Association in common with those of the National PTA and the Minnesota PTSA, are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth;
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
This school year, the PTA will provide enrichment opportunities such as free field trips, free family fun nights, a rollerskating unit in phy ed class, vocal music and band, classroom support, a red HM t-shirt and hat for all and much more! It is an active group and you’re welcome to join in any capacity you’re able. The PTA meets monthly and there are several activities to join if you’re interested.
Easy way to give to HMS! We also encourage families to check with their employers as many offer a company match to the cash donations made by their employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are PTA meetings and how long do they last?
2023-2024 PTA meeting schedule
- Wednesday, September 27, in person
- Tuesday, November 14, in person
- Tuesday, Feb 6, virtual
- Monday, March 18, virtual
- Thursday, May 16, in person
- All meetings are held from 6:00-7:00 pm in-person in the HMS library or virtually using Zoom (in-person meetings could be switched to virtual depending on SPPS guidelines so check back often for updates).
- School-age child care provided by 5th Grade Ambassadors for in-person meetings.
Why should I go to PTA meetings?
To get the “inside scoop” about school happenings and decisions, to connect with other HMS families, and to be part of making decisions. The HM PTA is a member driven organization.
How do I get involved?
Everyone is welcome to volunteer in whichever capacity works for you and your family. Check out the PTA Committee tab for more information on volunteer opportunities and contact the PTA volunteer coordinate at email@example.com to get involved.