Welcome to the Horace Mann School Parent Teacher Association (PTA)!
Horace Mann PTA Purpose
The purpose of the Horace Mann School Parent Teacher Association in common with those of the National PTA and the Minnesota PTSA, are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth;
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
This school year, the PTA will provide enrichment opportunities such as free field trips, free family fun nights, a rollerskating unit in phy ed class, vocal music and band, classroom support, a red HM t-shirt and hat for all and much more! It is an active group and you’re welcome to join in any capacity you’re able. The PTA meets monthly and there are several activities to join if you’re interested.
HM PTA website is new and updated. Please check it out for more info about PTA and PTA-sponsored events! https://www.hms-pta.org/
Easy way to give to HMS! We also encourage families to check with their employers as many offer a company match to the cash donations made by their employees and if you are an Amazon user, go to https://smile.amazon.com and search for “PTA Minnesota Congress 008740 Horace Mann PTA” and designate HM PTA as your charitable organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are PTA meetings and how long do they last?
2022-2023 PTA meeting schedule
- Monday, September 19 in-person meeting
- Tuesday, October 18 in-person meeting
- Wednesday, November 9 virtual meeting
- Tuesday, January 10 virtual meeting
- Tuesday, March 14 virtual meeting
- Monday, April 24 in-person meeting
- Monday, May 22 in-person meeting
- All meetings are held from 6:00-7:00 pm in-person in the HMS library/cafeteria or virtually using Zoom (in-person meetings could be switched to virtual depending on SPPS guidelines so check back often for updates).
- School-age child care provided by 5th Grade Ambassadors for in-person meetings.
Why should I go to PTA meetings?
To get the “inside scoop” about school happenings and decisions, to connect with other HMS families, and to be part of making decisions. The HM PTA is a member driven organization.
How do I get involved?
Everyone is welcome to volunteer in whichever capacity works for you and your family. You may fill out the paper volunteer form or the google form at
Who do I contact about the PTA with questions, suggestions, or concerns?
PTA meeting notes- March 14, 2023PTA agenda and meeting minutes for March 2023 meeting
PTA meeting notes- January 10, 2023PTA agenda and meeting minutes for January 2023 meeting
PTA meeting notes- November 9, 2022PTA agenda and meeting minutes for November 2022 meeting
PTA meeting notes- October 18th, 2022PTA agenda and meeting minutes for October 2022 meeting
PTA Meeting Notes – Sept 19, 20222022-23 Horace Mann PTA Meeting Agenda September 19, 2022