2021-22 Horace Mann PTA Meeting Agenda
March 15, 2022
|Welcome and Introductions|
– Call Meeting to Order/Begin Recording. This recording will be posted to FB and on the HM PTA website.
– 2021-22 HM PTA Meeting Dates – Virtual for Now
– Wednesday, April 13 (board elections)
– Thursday, May 12 (budget proposal)
– Guiding goals for 2021-22
– Revisit Mission, Reset for Sustainability, Increase Participation
– Youth Participation
– We encourage and invite youth participation in all PTA meetings, teams, and events to provide greater student voice and leadership opportunities. If you student would like to join the HM PTA board or any committee please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
– Co-Curricular Activities
– We seek ways for the HM PTA to support the co-curricular activities (Girls on the Run, Scouts, 3rd and 4th Grade Service and Leadership Groups. etc.) that directly benefit the HM community.
– HM PTA Website (see below)
– HM PTA Employer match and Amazon Smile (see below)
– What we have been up to
– HMS Auction this Friday!!!!
– Kindergarten Team Music Together Update
– Students are enjoying using the hands-on materials for music as well as learning the variety of songs. The songs and lessons encourage interaction and movement from students, which is a big PLUS for this age. Also, Music occurs once a week.
– No update from Ms. Traxler but will ask again for April.
– Please let us know if you are interested in shadowing this year and/or would like to join in 2022-23. Many positions are open. Descriptions and time commitments are here. Contact email@example.com with any questions
– Directory Usage reminder
– Kindness day bags for all students at HMS.
– FVS Food/Supply Drive in February for Keystone.
– Budget Survey for the PTA. Please take the survey if you have not already. It will close on 3/21/22.
– MITI event in April.
|PTA Team Updates (see below)|
– Auction Team
– Make It, Take It Team
– Family Volunteer Service Team
– 4th Grade Service and Leadership Council
– Spring Plant Sale Team
– Yearbook Team
|Treasurer’s Report (see below)|
– HM PTA 2122 Fiscal Report
– Does not have anything to report
HM PTA website: www.hms-pta.org If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer match and Amazon Smile: We also encourage families to check with their employers as many offer a company match to the cash donations made by their employees and if you are an Amazon user, go to https://smile.amazon.com and search for “PTA Minnesota Congress 008740 Horace Mann PTA” and designate HM PTA as your charitable organization.
Treasurer’s Report Fiscal Report for January/February: Dan Dressler, Mike Axtell
January/February Revenue: $2,937
January/February Expenses: $14,528
January/February Revenue subtract Expenses: ($11,591)
Bank Account Balance as of March 3 2022: $114,207.17
*Our YTD is August 1, 2020 – July 31, 2021
If you are interested in more details of the PTA budget please contact Dan or Mike directly at email@example.com
4th Grade Service and Leadership Council: Karla Lauerman Cummins: The 4th graders have been busy with the delivery of the letter/drawing campaign to health care workers and assisting with the Family Volunteer Service Team Food and Supply Drive. They also braved the cold and assembled the February 14th Kindness Bags for all students. If you 4th grader would like to join please contact Karlaraelauerman@hotmail.com
Auction Team: Allison Broughton: The auction website is live and the auction is this Friday. You may purchase your tickets, find out what you want to bid on at the live auction and any other details. To learn more, please visit the auction website at: https://one.bidpal.net/horacemannauction2022/welcome or contact Allison Broughton at firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions.
Make It, Take It, Team: Grace Hanson: This year we are planning for a spring Make It Take It Event with garden themed crafts. The event will be in person at the Horace Mann Cafeteria on April 14, 5-7 pm.
· No charge to families
· Following SPPS COVID guidelines
· Scheduled sign-ups/time slots
· Painted rock garden – one craft will be to create a painted rock that we will display in a Horace Mann Kindness Rock Garden (location at HM TBD). We will create an option for all students to paint a rock even if they aren’t able to attend the event.
Volunteers / supplies needed:
1. Volunteer on the day of the event (Volunteers shifts are 4:30-6, 6-7:30).
2. Yogurt lids – we need yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream plastic lids (roughly 5 inch diameter) for one of the crafts
3. Folding tables – We are looking for folding/utility tables that could be used for the outside crafts.
If you can assist with any items, please contact Grace Hanson at email@example.com/612-709-5581.
Family Volunteer Service: Chandra Kilgriff: Our February Food and Supply drive for Keystone Community Services was a success. Thank you to all that helped plan, advertise, and contributed. If you are interested in helping to brainstorm a spring event and plan, please email Chandra Kilgriff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned for details and additional opportunities to volunteer.
Spring Plant Sale: Maya Missaghi: Select beautiful plants, flowers and veggies and start planning your spring and summer garden! Support our school, daydream of Spring and pick up your lovely choices May 7th. Just in time for Mother’s Day! Pick ups will happen on Wilder (west side of school) again this year, by the Peace Garden. Click Order Plants to Support Horace Mann and feel free to forward to all your contacts!
🌺Mark your calendars🌺 -You have until March 27th to make your choices – have fun and contact email@example.com with any questions!
Yearbook: Delina Ferfon: The PTA is providing a no-cost yearbook to all HMS students and faculty this year. All photos for the yearbook are due by March 28th, 2022. Arrival date of the Yearbook is at the end of May.
Current Board Members:
Co-Presidents: Karla Lauerman Cummins (Term 2020-22) & Jen Williams (Term 2020-22) firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurers: Dan Dressler (Term 2020-22) & Mike Axtel (Term 2020-22) email@example.com
Teacher Representative: Amy Kortuem (Term 2020-22) firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications: Karen Vander Sanden (Term 2021-23) & Melanie McMahon (Term 2020-22) email@example.com
Recording Secretary: Catherine Guglieimo (Term 2020-22) & Allison Broughton (Term 2021-23) firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator: Jill Mack (Term 2020-22) & Joy Collman (Term 2021-23) : email@example.com
Powered by "WordPress" Theme: powered by:WordPress Design By "WordPress"